Monday, April 22, 2013

Article

Memo's and mine relationship is amazing, but we have one big obstacle adult ADHD and all that it entails. 
We can handle most of it, probably because Memo tries hard to over come it, but there are two aspects we have big problems with; lying and anger - both are very common and big problems with adults with ADHD.

The reason I bring these very personal problems up is because I recently found an article on how to deal with your partners anger (ADHD), and I know we are not the only couple out there.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6901962_communicate-angry-adhd-adults.html#page=0

It is a good reminder that it isnt their fault - in a way. I also liked it because it was like reading our story - it gives a good pictuer of reality.
I do not think this is a long term solution,  it doesn't solve how hurt you feel, nor how they believe (and try to convince you) they didnt raise their voice,  insult you or got aggressive.

After the research I have made the only real solution is medication, but therapy can also work.

Again,  memo is amazing and tries hard to over come his condition - as do others I am close to with the same problems.

I just know how difficult it is to deal with, if not the anger the denial afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment