Saturday, April 28, 2012

Definition

The definition of Manipulate:

To influence or manage shrewdly or deviously: He manipulated public opinion in his favor.


Thus, I did not manipulate Memo when I asked him to call us on Skype so that he could speak with his daughter. 
I was not trying to be devious, it wasn't for personal gain - it was actually for Memo's gain. 
He might not understand the importance of him speaking to Sophia (nor do other Mexicans, it seems), but it is important that he speaks to her. 
He spends practically no time with her, and while we were away for 2 weeks it was important that he talked with her a bit everyday - so that she would know his voice when we came back.
Therefore, it could neither be defined as me trying to whip him. 


Anyone who knows Memo and I's relationship a bit closer, i.e. my friends, knows that he is all but whipped. Some would actually say that I am the whipped one - of those who knows the real deal that is. 


If there is something I really dislike it is people that opens their big ones without knowing the facts, or in this case without using their logic thinking AT ALL. 


I just don't get it. 


Please explain how asking a father to talk to his daughter is whipping and manipulating!?


Väx upp för fan


Although, some might not understand this, Memo and I chose to have a  family. It was not a mistake or an accident - which probably comes as a chock to most - but something we wanted. 
So please, Mexicans, stop trying to manipulate (used in its right sense) Memo into thinking that we're in his way.







No comments:

Post a Comment