Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween

So... I have never been big on Halloween.
It wasn't celebrated at all when I was 'a young girl in Sweden, when everything was still in black and white'.

Sophia goes to an American School now so Halloween is huge.

Since I am a slightly controlling mother - in a nice way. She got to chose if she wanted to re-use her Pippi Longstocking costume from last year, or a doctors costume.
Why? you might ask yourself.

Sophia wanted to be Elsa, like EVERY other girl in the world - she already has the dress.
I thought, since she is still pretty easy to fool - I am sorry - she chose Pippi. Together with her teachers we have been making Pippi the coolest girl in PK-5.
How?
Well, I translated the book. Her teachers have been reading it all week.
She has brought her Pippi toys and purse to school, so now she will be the kid with the best costume in her classroom.

Yep...

As I write this I feel a bit bad not to have let her chose her own costume.
But it only lasts a few seconds.
I think she will have many more years to chose to be a Princess.

I am thinking Mary Poppins for next year.
Better start making it cool now.


Sophia was super excited that it is Christmas, since she loves Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment