Friday, February 15, 2013

Food Review

So this weeks food, over all, was nice.

We started off with that coconut-ginger chicken that I told you about. I was super excited, and have to admit I was a tad disappointed. There was something missing.
Need to figure out what to improve the recipe with.

We moved on to Honey Mustard chicken - which in Memo's disappointment didn't mean Honey Mustard but honey + mustard, it was so so... too much Honey in my taste.

The chicken Gyros were divine - marinated all day in a yogurt, garlic and herb mix. Mums. I made my own pita, and even if they didn't blow up to become a balloon they were super tasty, not dry like the ones we bought last week AND they had a pocket, which made eating much easier - i.e. less messy.

The competition between the weeks best is defiantly the Gyros or the next recipe - Cajun chicken pasta.

So as you can see most of it is chicken, we didn't do this on purpose, those were just the recipes we found.

So, Cajun chicken. Fast and super tasty. I chopped up a few veggies we like, fried the chicken + spices, added veggies + more spices, mixed in greek yoghurt and milk, added some goat cheese and well... Memo ate it with pasta, I didn't.
Super good, I changed the original recipe a bit - made it spicier and healthier.

Today I am making Ginger - Cilantro Bass (fish), we will see how that goes, hopefully it is tasty. I want something tasty for a Friday.
I am also making strawberries filled with a cream cheese mix (glass sugar/flor socker, and vanilla), half dipped in dark chocolate for our valentines night.

Hope you all ate well this week

No comments:

Post a Comment