Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Friendship

"Friendship is a personal relationship shared between each friend for the welfare of other, in other words, it is the relationship of trust, faith and concern for each other feelings."

My last semester of uni was over a few weeks ago. About a month before we graduated I started thinking about the friendships I had. I talked a lot about this with my closest friends. 

It was quite sad for us to wake up to reality - that friendships end. Even the good ones. 
Mine/Our friendships were tested in a different way, we had just gotten close and we were a part for a year. 
Most of the friendships survived, all but one actually. 
Although they survived they were all changed. Some into something stronger, others into something practically in-existent. 

There are probably several reasons for this. 
Nastia, Julie and I were close since we wrote our thesis together, talking to each other everyday. 
Carlos found a girl, and with school it was difficult to split the time between everyone and everything. We still kept in touch thou, BBM, SMS, calls... 
Yulia is always active in several different associations in school... so I believe we saw her and talked to her as often as previously. 

Lastly, the only thing I will write is:
"It can take a lot of energy to build a friendship. It takes little energy to lose a friend. Investing time and love in a friendship or any relationship is the most valuable investment we will ever make."

Any friendship needs certain attention and care. 
When it is a long-distance friendship it is ok to keep sporadic contact... maybe in other cases, a better contact should be maintained.
As the quote says, it takes little energy to lose a friend. 

I am not the best at keeping in touch. But I try to inform friends of event or special occasions I will attend. Especially close friends.
If you don't keep in touch when you're physically close to a friend, they will be disappointed and sad and give up on the friendship, 

I hope no more close friends will be lost. I know I will do my best to ensure that it won't happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment