Thursday, July 8, 2010

The end of an era...

A short era, but the time doesn't really count!

My plan was to write some kinda recap post about the time I've spent in Turkey, my impression about this increadibly weird country and the people I've gotten to know.

I will do this, but in order for me not to become too emotional I will do this when I get back to Sweden on vacation... it's easier that way!

Now lets do the summary of what has happened since I wrote last.

D and I went to the beach. We went to Kizkalsi (I think it was). The reason we went there, and not to the "normal" tourist city was because the plants are in the end of comissioning and the minestry came down this week to certify it (maybe) so he had to be close.
Kizkalesi is about 7-8h from Ankara, until Karaman it was all good. Straight roads, nothing too crazy.
About 30 min after Karaman we had to go through some kinda mountain chain... that was a crazy and unsafe road, and on top of that a bird flew into the windshield.
I became very upset.
The town we went to was very cute and nice, nothing too touristic, mostly Turkish people, quite a few Americans from the military base in Adana.
The beach was clean, I saw no sharks, nor crocodiles, but a few fishes... they scared me.

Otherwise this week has been pretty calm. I finally had the communications presentation to Jeff, he said he liked it, I am not sure.
Other than that, I found out Cagla wants to die close to the ocean, Selcuk keeps boxes of oliveoil in his place even if the doctor told him NOT to eat oily food, I also learnt that Selcuk does not believe oilveoil is an oil.

Tomorrow is my last day in AES-IC; either Meral or Cagla will be there, it's sad!!
Esat promised me cake and soda, but he wont be there either.

Anywho... you get a more thorough update after the weekend when I get back to Västerås!

Puss

No comments:

Post a Comment