Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The last day of the European summer

Sunset at 11.30 p.m, Utö, Sweden
At some point of my last day in Turkey I thought I would have a lot of time while in Sweden to update you guys on what happened the last few weeks there as well as some sort of recap of the time I spent there.
This has not been possible.

I arrived here in Sweden on a sunny afternoon and am writing this post on my last day here, which also happens to be a sunny afternoon.
In between these two sunny afternoons quite a few things have happened.

The first 4 days I enjoyed the awesome Swedish summer weather in a tiny kids pool in my mom's garden, day time, and BBQ's with the family, night time.
It was amazing being back with my mom and the cats, having my sister and her husband around, laughing at peoples mistakes and  at fat neighbors problems.

On another sunny day I had to take an airport bus to go pick up Dan at Arlanda.
We spent a nice afternoon/night in Sthlm, leaving for the archipelago the next morning.
We enjoyed the care and stress-free life of the islands and I even caught a fish! I also drove into a fence and tried pushing Dan off the road!

We left the island on yet another sunny afternoon, went back to Sthlm, leaving the next morning for Västerås.
Here we checked out Viking stuff and spent time with family and cats; we ate meatballs, mashed potatoes and  a lot of ice cream.


The next day's afternoon was cloudy and we headed back to Sthlm, where we spent our last day together.
Had a lot of wine, went to Friday's and enjoyed each others company.
The next morning Dan pulled one of my favorite "moves", oversleeping for a flight!
He made it to the flight, luckily!


Helsinki, Finland
I made it to the airport a bit later to meet up with Bettina, my dad and sister.
We were off to Helsinki to celebrate my grams 80th b-day.
Instead of flying over, like we did last year, we took the boat.
Instead of 45 min, it takes 16h.
We had fun, enjoyed the view and had good food.
View from the Restaurant on the boat
Enjoyed some nice days over in Finland, meeting up with family is always nice.

Now we've been back in Västerås for about a day, and I leave for Mexico on about 12h.
I am not nervous yet, usually I don't get nervous.
Suppose you get used to moving and changing countries after a few times.

Now I need to get back to packing.

Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment