Friday, July 30, 2010

First Impressions

Hello there folks!
Like me and Patrick today, except we're not Chinese!
Haven't done much today since I wrote earlier.

But I figured I would write a bit about the first impressions of this city.

It reminds me a lot of certain parts of Panama. Not the old "antique" parts, but the oldER ones.
Pretty crappy road maintenance, less (crazy) traffic than PTY and Ankara, people are extremely friendly and it's not as warm as expected.

So, Patrick and I went out to get me a sim card and an adapter this morning.
We went to a mall, managed to get me a sim card, with the blackberry services. I am very happy, trying to download and make sure they work now.

We then tried to find an adapter. Which, in my head, without a dictionary I translated to adaptor (you need to add the spanish accent)
So we went around to stores, those which seemed to maybe sell those, I would walk up to random worker, half scream "BUENAS, TIENE ADAPTORES?" To which they, without exception, would look at us with a confused look, asking what we meant with that, to which I, without exception, would answer "PARA MI ORDINADOR, ELECTRICITY, EUROPEAN, MEXICO", which would confuse them even more...
most of the times they would understand us...
Finally a friendly man took us to a mall far far away, told us to go to "Radio Shak" where I could buy one!

Anywho, by this time I had a bad ass headace, transforming into a migraine.
We had lunch, I ran to a pharmacy to buy some migraine pills, cost me 497 Pesos... which is a lot of money for pills that turned out they didn't freaking work...

Now the migraine has passed a bit, I am back at home... trying to figure out if Dan is coming down here to visit tomorrow or not...

Oh well...

Tonight Edgar and Ruben are coming over for some dinner...

PUSS

No comments:

Post a Comment