Thursday, July 29, 2010

My New Mexican Life

Arriving in Mexico yesterday I felt that this will be an ideal time to change some bad old habits that I have acquired through the years.

As a few of you might now, I have not smoked a cigarette in 16 days; this is HUGE.
My mamma and Kahn
According to some - every person spending time with me the first week -  I didn't deal with it as well as one might think I would, having a lot of self-control and dignity. According to these "some people" I was impossible to be around.
In my defense, this is something they ALL have asked me to do... so my answer was, and still is: Suck it up!

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you would know that it was pretty much impossible to take a walk, even less a power walk, in Ankara.
I like to walk. It's nice, burns enough calories and doesn't make you sweat.
So, another of my habits I decide to change was the no exercise one.
Now, my dear friends, this does not mean that I will start training for a marathon again (!). It only means that I will take more walks.
So when waking up at 7 a.m this morning, the whole city asleep, I took a walk.
And to make it better, I multi tasked a bit and went around to 3 different drugstores buying everything from sparkling water to normal water (It's true, but I also bought softener, things for the hair, cotton etc).

I have also decided that I should lower my wine consumption.
This might become the most difficult task, since you all know that wine and I are best friends, even better than cigarettes and I!!!

Oh well...

Now I need to do stuff and look around some more.

Puss

No comments:

Post a Comment