Friday, March 23, 2012

Lifes evil twist

5 years ago I was working.
I don't remember why but I went into the closet where I kept my purse to check my phone and saw I had miss calls from my dad - weird I thought and called him.

He asked why I hadnt answered my phone - my mom wanted me to get in touch with me ( I lived in Paris at the time).

I called my moms house in Sweden and my sister answered. She couldn't tell me what was up but I should call my grandmothers house.

My mom answered.
I asked what was up.
"Lotta har dött"
I didn't get it, how could my mom's younger sister have passed away.
To this day it is the most shocking phone call I have ever received.

I got to leave work early and remember going home to see if I had any pictures of her. I did.
I remember thinking about the last time I saw her.
I cried a lot.
Didn't understand.

Sometimes life isn't fair.

Seeing my grandmother at Lottas funeral is something I wish I could erase from my mind.

Now she is gone too, it's been almost 4 years.

I miss them both. But I know that they are taking care of grandpa, making sure all is good.

I wish they could meet Sophia.

Jag saknar dig Lotta, och dej med mormor

No comments:

Post a Comment