Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Updates and stuff

So, as I said yesterday a virus of some sort attacked my ear. I now have crappy hearing.
There is a risk that it stays like this forever, but there is a chance that I can get my hearing back with the right medication.

The right medication is of course not compatible withy breastfeeding. If I start taking it I need to stop feeding Sophia for 9 days.
If I would want to continue feeding her after these 9 days I would need to pump milk in order to keep the milk production going.

Pros/Cons

Pros: I would get perfect hearing back

Cons: pumping takes time for me, my boobs aren't pump friendly. I get out maybe 30ml pumping for 45 min, while Sophia eats maybe 150-200ml EACH time she eats, which is like 7-8 times a day.
So in order for me to keep my production up, in order for Sophia to get enough food I would pretty much need to pump 24/7.
On top of that formula kinda sucks for babies bellies, they get constipated and are not happy when they need to do nr 2.
Moreover, as it is right now Memo can't help me out with Sophia (yesterday he spent a total of 45 min with her, 20 sleeping), and I do NOT have the energy to deal with a baby in pain, while heating water to the right temperature, shake the bottle.

So, I have decided not to take those pills. I am taking some
Homeo- I don't know what pills to see of it works.

Anywho, not only did Sophia find her hands last week, buy today she turned around from belly to back! Yay

Puss

No comments:

Post a Comment