Friday, January 31, 2014

Real Life

Real life is not always nice, easy, dreamy.

Today was one of those days that I wish never happened.

The day started by reminding me I live in a dangerous, unstable, third world country.
Mexico is really nice in some ways, bad in others - and dangerous in some.
Going to work this morning there was a helicopter going in circles above us half of the way.
Sophia was ecstatic - she was screaming cococter, waving - but for me the helicopter meant something was going down.
By the time I got to work I had gotten the info that the army, marines, police (?), were taking down some "criminals" - narcs - just where we pass by to go to school. Busses and cars were put on fire and I am not sure if they actually caught everyone in the end.

In the afternoon we were having lunch and I recieved a message from a close friend from uni. Someone I care very much about, who took time to come see me when I was in Sweden last year and one of my few uni friends who has met Sophia. 

Aggressive lymphoma.
25ish
Super healthy - I mean working out, no alcohol, no smoking healthy. 
It still hasn't sunk in, it is so unbelievable I had to ask if it was a joke.
I want to do something.
I want to be there, support, help.
I will call when it's a decedent time to call Swedish time.
Until then I can just so research and cry. 
Hope for that age and lifestyle actually makes a difference and that everything will be alright. 

I know it will be, because it has to. In December I want to be able to meet up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment