Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I know the feeling now...

Back in Mexico I would ask Memo how it felt that the majority of his friends never bothered to come see Sophia, or that practically no one came to hang out at the house.

He always said he didn't want to talk about it because it pissed him off to badly, and made him sad. If he would have started thinking about how his 'friends' disappeared when the most amazing thing in his life came, and didn't seem to care, maybe he would reconsider the whole friendship.

I didn't understand. In my eyes, if his friends didn't even bother to see Sophia, or continuing to see him, why would they be friends? I mean, and all of you with children or who are a bit maturer should know, having a baby is the most important thing that will ever happen to you. And when you have a child you want your friends to be excited for you, come see the baby from time to time etc... Yes even men - although, they might not say it clearly.
If you don't understand, wait and see until you have a baby and those friends of yours don't show up - if they live in the same city, or far away and you even offer to help them pay the trip.

Well, karma is a bitch and I now understand him.

Re reading this I see how it comes off as only being about Sophia.
It isn't.
It is about cherishing a friendship, about seeing what is important to your friends, supporting them.

Younger, I thought one of the worse things were when you liked a boyfriend more than he liked you. Only to realise now that actually, what is worse is when you are putting more importance/feelings to a friendship than the other friend, that my dear readers really sucks.

Oh well, while some friends disappoint you others surprise you, while others are loyal as hell.

It's a question of assessing you relationships adequately.

I will be working on that


No comments:

Post a Comment