Monday, November 12, 2012

Planning Life

Life is complicated.

Plans change and/or develop into something that at first wasn't even on the table.

Time passes fast, and you do not realise it until you look at Sophia. When we came to Sweden she was a bold, 2 'toothed', new crawler who did t seem to understand much of life.

And although life still probably is a mystery to her she is soon walking, lots of more hair and teeth and at least seem to know who I am.

As this development happened, I also developed, ideas developed in my mind, some disappeared, some re-appeared.

As much as I hated going back to Mexico a few months ago I am slowly realising that it probably is the best solution for us - at the moment.
Do not get me wrong. If there is any possibility for us to find good jobs here, as well as an apartment I would jump in that opportunity directly.
But sadly that is not the case.

In order for us to successfully move over here, Sophia and I need to get over here a few months before Memo.
In order to get a rental apartment in Sweden you need to stand in line for many months - up to a year or two - or 15 years in Stockholm (not even exaggerated, probably understated).
And of course, most importantly you need a fixed income.

This means that not only will it take a long time finding a place, but also I need to find a job first.
This all needs to be timed right with Sophia entering day care, to which there also is a line of a few months.
In case she enters before I find a job, I will stop receiving the maternity leave money - thus being without income completely.

All this is without considering how difficult it might be for both of us to find jobs here, etc.
So although I will still do my best to get us over here, I realise that it isn't too realistic.
I will, therefore, actively search for job a both in Mexico and Sweden starting January.

Crossing my fingers and toes I will be offered an amazing job in Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment