Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nationalistic

Oh, Sweden. It is days like these that I am extra proud of being Swedish.

For the third time this year, the Swedish national football team has surprised us; France, Germany and, yesterday, England.
4-2, the last goal being one of he pretties this year - not my words.

Some say it was Zlatan against England, but he couldn't have done it without the help of the rest of the team.

Although I am warm with pride I am also embarrassed, not of Sweden, but of our citizens.
I am embarrassed if those swedes who voted for Sverige Demokraterna - swedens extreme right party.
I know for a fact that the majority of voters are uneducated lower class citizens, but none the less.
Sadly I know of a few people who voted for them.

If only these people realised how important immigration is for a country, how it helps it grow and develop. What is crucial is integration.

Although, these people probably don't even realise that most people are 'immigrants' - like me, my dad came from Finland at 17.
I've personally been an immigrant in several countries - France, England, Turkey and now Mexico.

So all you people who think SD is the answer to Sweden's problems - educate yourselves - fools.

I am out!

No comments:

Post a Comment