Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Like a walk in the park...

I love snow, I love snow the first two or three weeks of snow... after that it gets boring, cold and wet... pretty unnecessary!
My point is that I came from Sweden, where there had been snow for maybe a month or so when I left, to Turkey, which in the beginning had no snow...
Then we went to Istanbul... there they had snow... A LOT of snow. Even a snow storm. Making traffic impossible, delaying flights, you name any problem related to snow we experienced it this past weekend!


But they're excused, because from what I could see through the snow storm, Istanbul was a very beautiful city. I really want to go back. They had nice shopping and the city in it self was incredible, with the different styles of architecture mixing, it's cultural heritage... amazing. So we will definitely return when the weather conditions are a bit more favorable!

We got back to Ankara around 8 p.m, 2h later than expected, and had to go directly to Bilkent, my uni, in order for me to register as an exchange student. It was dark and cold and we were tired since we'd been at the airport in Istanbul for like 4h, doing nothing, only waiting. Either of us had ever been there before, and were extremely surprised when we noticed how big the campus is.
It's like a small city, with a bus service, stores, restaurants, a high school, kindergarten and a lot of apartment buildings.


Well, I got myself registered and was given a schedule for the week. We were supposed to go to museums and get information about different things. Since many of those things didn't really apply to me, accommodation etc. I pretty much decided not to go to those things. I went for some information about the computer system as well as the information and help they gave for getting the residents permit. Actually I'm meeting up with them tomorrow for that again, we're going to the police station to get everything done. I'm sure that will not be very exciting, usually immigration things take time, but we'll see, maybe Turkey will happily surprise me and be effective and organized!

On Thursday I have to be in school at 9 a.m to register for classes. I've chosen pretty easy (hopefully)and random classes;

*Innovation Management
*Cross-Cultural Management (I wanted Project Management, but it wasn't offered)0:
*Micro theory II
*Macro theory II
*Spanish 1 (which hopefully can be change to Spanish 2 if I can do a test)

I already know my schedule, and for sure Mondays will not be my favorite day, classes from 8.40 a.m until 5.40 p.m; not my cup of the, as some people would put it!
I'm not a morning person as most of my friends and family knows, but well... I'll wake up n go there... it's their problem if they put classes that early in the morning! (0;

Since today was my last really free day I decided to use it wisely;

I took a walk in park vadi (i think), which is just below our house.... but it's in a valley, aparently vadi (or whatever it is) means valley... which implies a lot of stairs... too many for my taste to be honest... luckily I discovered an elevator while trying not to faint because of oxygen shortage on my way back up! Next time (0:
A pretty funny feature of the park, or Ankara and Turkey as a whole, are the free outdoor gyms that are strategically put out throughout the city, I have to admit it is a pretty thought through idea in order to make the citizens move their cute little asses from time to time, thou mostly you see older people using them... have never seen anyone under 50 on them.


Oh well! Now I'm gonna start goin to bed, since I need to wake up at 8 tomorrow! )0:

Enjoy, Puss

No comments:

Post a Comment