Saturday, January 30, 2010

When I say jump...

First day of classes yesterday.
Started out with Spanish 1 at 8.40... we are 6 people in the class, little me and 5 Turkish students. The teacher is a 60ish year old Peruvian lady. Since it's a basic Spanish class we started out with "Hola, buenos dias" and "como te llamas?". I am not a pro in Spanish but that was a bit too easy for me. We then went on to the alphabet in order to be able to spell out our names in Spanish.
Oh well, hopefully we will advance fast.
One small "irritation moment" in the class is that she explains everything in Turkish and I have to wait until the end of the class to get an explanation in Spanish, which she usually sticks to for about 5 min then she switches to Turkish until I gather enough courage to tell her that, even thou she thinks she might be speaking Spanish, she isn't, and that she has to switch back... this happened about 5 times in 15min!

After an hour of basic basic Spanish we were done.
I went out on a mission to find a café to get my daily big cup of çay (tea) at starbucks, which is located in the Management faculty building. Took me a while to find my way there, went around a bit, had to turn around a couple of times, but finally got there, completely frozen, remember I talked about the snow!?
Anywho, my next project was to find the library.
Oh lord!!!
IMPOSSIBLE.

Went around campus, passing by the same people several times. After 10 min I gave up. Went to the international office instead. Had to ask them how the hell I could get back home without having to grab a cab (€5 everyday is a bit unnecessary).
Now it's fixed. Thank god they're helpful there!!
So now I've figured out how to get to and from school!!

In the morning I will take the bus from HOŞDERE, the street just 5 min walk from the house. It only leaves at 7.21 or 8.37 so yeah... sucks but well, what can you do.
To come back I will take the shuttle bus from school to Tunus, and from there a local bus that will take me up the hill to Park Vadi!
Have to mention the fact that all busses to and from school are free!! Yaii, awesome.
Imagine if buses to and from Råslätt would b free!?

Anywho, after having been at the international office, finished my huge tea, I started walking back towards the main campus.
In my search for the library I bumped into the book store and bought myself a note book and a coke. I still haven't seen any vending machines around. I know there's one in the art building, but where is that?! I don't remember.
Oh well. I managed to find the library. But not where they keep the books, only the magazine/paper department. I don't care, I'm happy I found something. (0:
Did my Spanish homework. Or at least what I think it is. She forgot to tell me in Spanish what it was. I just assume that it's the first chapter. But to be on the safe side I continued for 18 pages.

The afternoon held a HUGE surprise for me. The Micro and Macro classes that I have are not intermediate or, as I hoped basic. They are advanced!!!
I, who got and E in Macro and had 2 re-exams in Micro, am supposed to take advanced classes?! Haha.. had a small panic attack when I realized.
Seems as if thou I can keep up thou. So instead of wasting time on trying to change the learning agreement I'm gonna stay and see what happens.
As the Micro teacher put it. The only way to fail is to NOT show up for the weekly quizzes and exams. I think I can manage that at least!

Was supposed to go out yesterday with the rest of the exchange students. But since I woke up at 6.30, was in school until 5ish or 4 maybe, anyways, only to come home and google all those things we were supposed to already know in Macro, I was pretty exhausted. Fell asleep like a baby. Slept for 10 almost 11 hours. Must have been tried.

Today is my fathers birthday. We had lunch in the big living room, went to the mall and carrefour where I was looking for an agenda. The only one I found in the size I wanted was one in memory of Ataturk... haha... Will put up a picture of it some day!
Assume we will be off to eat soon.
Bettina and I also bought a cake... and I saw the champagne in the fridge! (0:

Enjoy your saturday nights!

Puss

******

Back from dinner now!

We went to "Paper Room" I think it was. A very very nice Italian place. On last floor of a building, nice view. Very good service. Ate some good food and drank some good wine.
Got back and drank some even better Champagne and ate some cake.
Introduced the parents to Spotify which they very much enjoyed, even thou my dad thought that the speakers of my computer sucked. We danced, sang and enjoyed the end of the night!
Now I'm in bed listening to Arde el Cielo (Maná) again... amazing, and will definitely enjoy my sunday... will gather some energy for the week and try to find my way to the bus stop!

Sleep tight!

*****

Paper Moon!!!!!!... not Paper Room... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment