Thursday, January 21, 2010

So very different


Bettina and I have been out and about for the past two days.
We've been shopping.

Firstly she took me to a very turkish place, a bazaar. It was awesome. Cheap nice stuff in a very very different environment.
We went crazy in there, bought myself some UGG's (some might think they look like crap, but I don't give a shit cus they're comfortable!!), more boots, shirts... and nothing cost more than €25.

We then went on to some other malls, because people in Ankara loves malls. They even love it so much that they build so many huge ones there aren't enough people to go there, they're empty.
In the malls I notice that turkish people LOVES corn. Instead of i
ce cream places they will sell small cups of corn, and as a garnish... bbq sauce?! Didn't taste, since I'm not sure it's very delicious.

Other things I've noticed is that they don't care about traffic rules; red lights are passed as if they didn't exist and speed limits ignored, but not with a few km/h as normally, they're driving twice as fast as allowed!

This morning I had an amazing experience. I went to the hairdresser.
It looked like a nice place, in the building next to ours, so we figured it had some "class". None of the hairdressers knew english. And when we went in last night to book a time, the 10 employees gathered around us in order to "work together" to understand us.
Well, we managed to book a time, decide a price and well... got there this morning. The man was so happy. A first difference to Sweden is that only men were cutting or dying the hair. The 2 women there were receptionists. The second difference was that, there was the star hairdresser that combed my hair, but when it came to anything BUT cutting, combing or actually putting my color on my hair, there was an assistant; he held the hair dryer, gave the guy the aliminimum folio, because holding the dryer urself while working or reaching for the folio would be too tiring!

Oh well... they're cute! They try to please us everywhere we go.

Tomorrow we're off to Istanbul. It will be awesome.

Found out that I will be off to Guadalajara in Mexico next semster. Will be amazing, this is what I've wanted to whole time.
Already talk to my sister and Bettina about maybe goin to Panama in july, since it's quite close to there.... Would also be nice to go there in december, but we'll see!

Oh and btw... this morning we woke up with a thin layer of snow on the ground... and I who had hoped there wouldn't be anymore snow for me this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment