Monday, February 23, 2015

Du får säga på Svenska

I say that a million times a day.
Say it in Swedish.

Sophia - obviously - feels more comfortable with Spanish than Swedish. She hears it a lot more and more people speak it.

Sophia is trilingual.
She understands and speaks Swedish well, also Spanish and she understands English - she also speaks it a bit.

For example; colors, numbers and basic sentences (directions, ask for things and so on) she knows in all three.

She makes longer sentences, explains things in Swedish and Spanish.

Her Swedish is quite funny and she says things the way she hears them - it sometimes comes out hilariously. She says 'mi Lille' for 'jag har gjort illa mig'
When she is in a hurry she mixes Spanish and Swedish.

Ex; ya vamos a dagis? (Are we going to school)
Ya färdig maten (is food ready).
Quiero kissa ( wants to pee)
Quiero gå till parken (want to go to the park).

Sometimes she says a sentence purely in Spanish and I need to ask her to try in Swedish - if she can she quickly does. Otherwise I notice she doesn't and I ask her to repeat what I say.

I only speak to her in Swedish. Sometimes when I ask her to ask her dad or English teacher something (that I know she won't translate herself), I do this:
(In Swedish)
Can you ask your dad to give you an apple?
She says yes and asks him in Swedish - I then tell her how to ask in Spanish.

Hopefully all the hard work pays off. Hopefully it will be easier with Leon since he will hear Sophia and I speak it all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment