Thursday, September 1, 2011

BonJour

Comment ca va?
Je m'appelle Helena. Comment tu t'appellles?

A new experience; 4 hyperactive 7-9 year olds, trying to sit down and learn a foreign language - in one small living room, and only poor little me there to supervise them.
It might not sounds that bad, but for some reason they feel comfortable around me, they are not shy, quiet, calm, like I was around new people when I was that age. They scream, move, fight, want to play with the Ipad, ask what the class will be like next week - my answer: why don't we see what we do today before thinking about next week was not good enough. After half an hour they were all standing up around the table, screaming what they do on mondays, when really I just wanted to teach them the word monday: lundi.
In the end we were supposed to play "our" game, and since I don't have dices I downloaded an app for the Ipad - HUGE mistake! Could they handle a dice application on the Ipad? No, one kid kept it for themselves, panic pressing the button to throw the dices - what for... I don't know.

Comment of the day was: I don't know.
Kids come up with random questions. Very random. Like, how does a French woman react if I ask her if she's 45 but actually she is 19?
Well, she would be offended - what else can I say!? More was expected, the whole table waited for a better explanation. So I said, I don't know - If I would ask your mom if she's 60 she probably wouldn't let you come to French class anymore, it would be the same with a French lady.
Another good topic was them checking my knowledge of the new cartoons of the Disney channel.
All while I try to keep them on track - learning French.

The French week is almost over now, only two classes left, and the girls are very calm. It will be nice.

Puss

No comments:

Post a Comment