Thursday, April 9, 2015

Baby Food

As I wrote earlier we started solid food with Leon.

My sister gave us this great thing from Tupperware, it works more or less like a mixer except that it is through hand power - GREAT.

After the banana incident we took it easy for a few days, barely no solids for his belly to process that massive amount of food.
As we came back to GDL we gave banana a few times, and I also introduced Papaya. Before starting solids with Sophia I read this website a lot CLICK where they give you information about the different veggies and fruits, give you tips on how to prepare them, possible mixes and also nutritional value. GREAT right.
Papaya is a great first food and Leon loves it. I would like to mention that I follow the Swedish guidelines on when and how to give a baby food - these do not always go hand in hand with the American ones, and almost never with the Mexican ones.
Here is the info for Bananas.
Today he will taste Carrot.

What I do is that I give a teaspoon or so the first day, maybe a teaspoon and a half or two the next, and continue increasing the amount for a few days. Then I prepare ice cubes, and give him 2-3 ice cubes when we eat - always after having breastfed him since I do not want my production to slow down too much.

He seems to be handeling the food very well. Doing number two as usual again.
Mango and Sweet potatoes are coming up soon on his plate, and then I will introduce Oat Meal.

All these are given to him in small amounts, really only to introduce him to new flavours.

It's really exciting to see his face as he tries something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment