Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Running

I had completely forgotten about the feeling you get after a good run.

I used to run every night after work the last 6 months I lived in Paris. Between an hour or two just running around the empty streets of the 16eme and Boulogne-Billancourt.
I would pass by Roland Garros, Auteuil, Prt De Saint Cloud, Marcel Sembat... my city, my home.
It was amazing.
I stopped for many reasons, and haven't dared starting again since I know how far and long time I could run for back then, and would of course not be able to run the same now.
But today I did it. I ran. 45 min, good speed, faster than I would run back in Paris actually.
I think those power walks I've been taken helped quite a lot.

Back in Paris I practised for a semi-marathon, hoping to one day be able to run a full one. Today I kinda got that dream back.
Why not?! I can do it....
Well, maybe not in the next few months, but in the spring.

It felt great being out there again. Going back out tomorrow.

Will be going to the immigrations office early in the morning to sort out my status here in Mexico once and for all, and come back here, hopefully not too late, and go for a early day run, before it gets too hot.

Today I started with Memo's French classes... it was an interesting experience, to be continued tomorrow.
I also finished the paper about Knowledge. Done, done...
Now I have been trying to watch the last episode of Masterchef Australia for the past few hours, but since Megavideo (stupid) wont let me watch more than 72 min at a time, and the episode is 1h40 min, I am unable to get through the whole episode, so I have now started downloading it, but it will take another 3h for it to be done, which in real time probably means 4, so yeah... that's for tomorrow.

Wake up call at 7 les garcons...

Bisous, et bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment