Saturday, December 31, 2011

The year 2011

The year started with my mom and I having new years dinner and wine at her house - accompanied by the cats and Memo on skype.
It was nice, relaxing - a perfect way to start the most emotionally charged year ever.

January:

We all came back to Jönköping for our last semester at JIBS. 
We had no clue how exhausting the semester would be - mentally. But we all got through (although, that's for later).

February:



Baby Vincent got a new outfit from his favorite aunt (only actually) and we also celebrated Nastia's 21st birthday and Carlos' 23d. 
It went - well, I was out at 11 (maybe even 10), and then the rest followed by the hour. 
Lesson learnt - do not drink red wine if it tastes and smells funny!

March - April:


Baby Vincent continued with his swim classes in Västerås, while down in Jönköping we were working on the thesis, finishing classes and dreaming about graduation.

By the end of the month it was time for some vacation. Turkey time. Memo came on his Euro trip and joined me in Ankara (which actually is Asia).

The Euro trip continued - to Europe! Istanbul - Västerås - Stockholm - Jönköping - Copenhagen. 
We enjoyed and discovered good and not so good things about each other. Sophia was created and I spent my whole months student loan in about a week and a half. 



May:

Back to reality - we more or less finished the thesis and everything else that had to be done in order for us to graduate. 
May was not the most exciting month of the year - not only was I feeling super nauseous and tired but we also had to keep up working in order for the semester to be finished successfully.

We celebrated Valborg


June:
We finished.

My mom, AK and Vincent came to pick me up for the final and last time in Jönköping. The goodbye's were difficult and tearful. 
These were my friends - family - for 3 years, and although it was amazing going to an international school like JIBS, it kinda sucks when you realize that each of you (friends) will end up in different parts of the world.

Nastia :  Russia
Julie : Estonia
Carlos: Miami
Yulia : Sweden
Me: Mexico
Cassia : Sweden/Brasil

I miss them more than words can describe. I hope I will see them again some day!

Spring 2009
Another big event of June : Kahn got stuck in the engine of the car.


July/August:
Travel time again. I headed over the Atlantic to visit my dad and Bettina in Panama. A nice little vacation.
It was a well needed rest. We went to Chiriqui and I finally got to see the Caribbean side of Panama (not bad 10 years after I first went).

Fun Fact: A doctor said that Sophia could be a boy. 


Back in Sweden my mom, AK, Vincent and I decided to head over to Estonia on a cruise. 
It was amazing - a mini vacation for the three Björk women. We met up with Julie who showed us around, and Vincent charmed most people we met.

 
After Estonia it was time to head back over the Atlantic, this time Mexico. 
It was difficult leaving my family behind. Being pregnant you want to be close to family and friends - none of which I had in Mexico, so I have to admit I was scared. And spent most days crying (hormonal!?)
We also found out Sophia was a girl around this time.

September:
 Not only did Vincent turn one, but he also started walking and we bought the tickets for my family to come over and visit.

I also started giving French classes and we waited for the couch.

October:
 Nothing too exciting except for: GRADUATION!
I passed the last exam (*Business Statistics 1) on Oct 15th and the ceremony was the last weekend of October. Now, I could not attend, but I pretend a little bit I did.

Novemeber/December:
These last few months of the year passed by super fast. There were 2 babyshowers for Sophia. The Crib arrived. Classes ended because of the vacations. Problems with tickets. Problems with hairdressers. Change of doctors. Due date coming very close. Memo and I getting our acts together and finished preparations. The waiting game started.


Not only do I expect the chubby face to disappear in 2012, but also to become blond again!

That was my 2011.
I got the biggest news one can ever get - pregnant.
Making it through the pregnancy. Making the relationship with Memo work. 
Graduating. 
Those are probably the main events of my 2011.

In difference to other people, Memo and I can be sure that our 2012 will be NOTHING like previous years - but that's exciting, and scary. 

Happy New Year everyone.

Puss

No comments:

Post a Comment