Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Uneventful

Edgar at the taco stand last night
Today was a pretty uneventful day after my late wake up.

Got my little behind to school in time for yoga class. It was much better than the class I took last week. Much more stretching, and although it was intense, it was a bit more doable and more like the yoga I used to do in my younger years.

I left yoga a bit early to have time to change and get ready for the 14.30 class; International Intelligence Markets.
It was nice.
The whole class is now informed about the fact that I have a boyfriend living in Turkey. This would not be because I like to tell complete strangers about my current relationship status, but because one of the guys asked me, the teacher heard and the discussion was off to become the entertainment of the rest of the class as well.

About the school here in Mexico, it is not difficult in the same sense as the Swedish ones are.
As in, it is "difficult" to feel obliged to go to every single class, and having quite a few homeworks for each and every lesson, but after having had my first few classes where the homework was checked; the difficulty level, and what they expect from a student isn't as high as "back home".
For example: today we had a quiz in my International Logistics class. We were supposed to have read chapter 1-2. Which of course, since I hadn't discovered the magic world of black board until late last night, I knew about. So after skimming through the two chapters, i.e. reading the titles etc. I thought that I would have difficulties answering the questions.
This was not at all the case, when the teacher asked what SKU was, she didn't want the definition of the word, or what it means, but she just wanted us to write that it means Stock Keeping Unit.
This would not be an acceptable answer to any Swedish quiz or exam.

Anywho, I had a quick visit home in the afternoon between classes, in the beginning it was in order to pick up the logistics book (because it was no where to be found at the library), but ended up being to watch Dr. Aldo in action.
Daniel hurt his knee last week in some sort of a soccer accident, and it hasn't gotten better.
Dr. Aldo being Juan Luis' friend, came to his rescue and told him to go get some x-rays done and prescribed some pills and gel.
Lucky for me Aldo and JL decided to give me a ride back to school so that was 70 pesos less for me to spend... this means that I owe them a few beers!

Just got back home and will be doing some homeworks all night, hoping to finish it off with an episode of some undefined series.
But first and foremost, I am going to get some vegetarian sushis with Patrick, YAY!!!

Have a great morning, or day or night, depending on where in the world you are.

Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment