Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One week...


That is the time I have left at Bilkent.
One week, 7 days... that is nothing. This semester has passed so increadibly fast. Amazing.

So, so... on to my usual babbling about my day.
It started out quite chaotic.
I had decided to take a cab down to Tunus, dagen till ära, I mean, I was finally gonna get my wallet (CREDIT CARD) back.
I jumped into the cab, a nice man was driving. I think I might have recognized him...
Not important, so, anyways; off we went, Tunus bound so to say.
All of a sudden, turning right at Atakule, approaching the presidents house, a HUGE traffic jam.
I don't like traffic jams, especially not when I am a bit late (woke up at 8.25, had to be in Tunus at 8.45, it was now 8.35).
All of a sudden I notice that the road passing by the presidents house was closed. At about the same time the driver noticed this and said "Tunus yok"... yok, yok, yok... stupid word. Yok  means not or no btw.
I was a tad "taken on the bed" (as we would say up north), I mean, it can't be possible that we can't go to Tunus.
Lucky me Firat (this weeks hero) called at about exactly that time (I was supposed to meet up with him to get my wallet), he spoke to the driver, and in some way I was again heading towards Tunus (a different "chemin" thou).
Off we went on something that looked like a road on the country side, I didn't care, I needed to get to Tunus before 9 THE LATEST (when the last Bilkent bus leaves), it was now 8.59, yet I was still hoping, stressing for no reason (we were not even close).
When we came down to Tunali I told the driver, "enough", paid and started walking towards Firat's place; we had now decided I would go there to pick the wallet up.
I got there, was asked if I was in a hurry; "not at all" I said, since I now had about an 45 min to waste.
At some point beer was mentioned and off we went on a hunt to buy some beers; the perfect way to wake up!
We went back to his place, had a beer each, listened to music and talked.
I became a bit tipsy.
At 9.45 I was walked to the bus, and off I went to do my daily duties; which today consisted of participating in a presentation I knew nothing about.

Well, things went smooth.
We were the last group to present, there were two students left in the room (there were about 20ish when we got there) when it was our turn, one of which left in the middle and the other being Benoit who was playing with his computer.
At some point we had something in Tukish on the slides and Akin said;
"To translate for our exchange students..." (being me, a part of the group, and Benoit)
I noticed Benoit wasn't listening, and since Akin's translation was aimed at him I tried to get his attention.

I did manage to get his attention. Not the right one thou, Benoit, who hadn't been listening AT ALL, thought that I was telling him we were done presenting and started applauding.
A quite humorous moment I have to say. (we were not done).
The teacher laughed and on we went...

Now I'm home, studying for the last CCM exam tomorrow.

Was stuyding for a bit in the sun, now I'm taking a power break.

PUSS

No comments:

Post a Comment