Monday, May 3, 2010

SPF 20

I finally got my ass to a pharmacy, this was the last stop in my quest for sun block.
I went in the first best I could find on Hosdere and looked around. It looked nothing like a "normal" pharamcy.
They didn't have a big selection of sun block's, or pain killers for you to choose from indepentently.
The sun block I found was on a "random shelf".
There were also nailpolish, nailpolish removers, cotton, well, random items, including sun block, SPF 50.

I asked the girl if they had anything lower than 50, she looked confused, asked if it was for the face or the body; Body I signed (can't speak with them).
She ran off, came back with a fancy bottle of SPF 30.
Don't they have the good old Nivea, or the Hawaii shit!?
I asked for lower, again, I got a confused look for answer.
She left, talked with the other 3 employees, and came back with a SPF 20.
I looked at her; was she joking!?
So I asked; lower?
"In Türkiye yok" with a gesture of something supposed to mean lower: i.e. there's nothing lower than SPF 20 in Turkey.
Interesting.
I mean, there's not only one reason to use sun block: not to get sun burnt, but also to protect your skin: not to get skin cancer.
They don't seem to care.
As they don't care about making sure a person has a prescription for Antibiotics.

Here I walked around thinking that countries (such as Sweden) are trying to lower our intake of antibiotiks in order for the world population not to get immune. Or maybe I am wrong.
Who knows!? The point is that in Turkey you buy it without prescription whereas in Swe you can't really get a perscription; they try alternative medication if possible.

Anywho, I ended up buying a grape sented nail polish remover as well, they charged me tl 60 (€30) whereof tl 58 was the sun lotion.
Money well spent BUT, in order to fight skin cancer they might want to lower the price on sun blocks, or just start to import Nivea.

Enough about that, now I need to do some research about some Turkish company, a provider to the army (what a surprise!)

PUSS

No comments:

Post a Comment