Monday, May 31, 2010

Taking time...

So I've decided to take some time to write again.

I've kept busy since a while back.

I went on an insane weekend to Istanbul.
AES had a board meeting, or was it AES-IC!?
The boys were in meetings all day (night) so Bettinets and I enjoyed our new found freedom as it should be, with some wine, and a bit of sightseen of course.
I finally managed to see the blue mosque, it was not blue.
Not on the outside at least.
So as a result of the dissapointment of not seeing a blue mosque, we sat down on a bench and started judging the people passing by, Americans were the target of the day.

The comment of the day was:
"The traffic is horrible, so I will take a shortcut, but just so you know, it will be more expensive"
- How can a shortcut be more expensive? Wouldn't the word in itself imply a shorter way, hence less expensive?

Anyways, the weekend started with wine on the bus from Ankara with Esat and I don't think my system even had time to miss the wine until I was back in Ankara.

The weekend after that I left for the south. Fethiye. It was interesting.
That is a story that will take a few days to tell, so maybe not tonight.
That trip started with a man selling chickens in Asti and ended with a restaurant hunt in the most conservative city of Turkey.

Now I started my internship at AES.
This week Mustafa will have the pleasure to spend time with me.
Mustafa takes care of everything that has some kinda technology.
I find it hilarious I will even spend a week there since technology and I are not friends!
Today I wrote down phone nrs and pin codes...
I don't think Mustafa trustes me with technology, this might be because he was the one who took care of the wine incident!?

Other than that!?
I had an amazing weekend. Very good company and... I'm not sure I can say much more than that.

I have to sleep now if I don't want to fall asleep in Esats office tomorrow.

So for you who are impatient, there are pictures of the trips up on facebook. For those who can't check those out, well you gotta wait for a bit, but also, there are some uploaded on Flickr (on the left) so... there!

Bisous les enfants!

No comments:

Post a Comment