Sunday, April 18, 2010

A lake n a bit of BBQd meat



Today it's sunday. I'm not a huge fan of sundays. They're fun, but you always have in mind that tomorrow monday comes, I am sure a lot of people would agree with me on this.

The weather here in Ankara was amazing this weekend. Sunny, around 25 (if not more, in the sun)and not too windy, not even up on our balcony.

I wanted to enjoy this amazing weather, but my cough wanted otherwise, it kept me up all night, and when I finally managed to fall asleep it decided to wake me up at 6 am (wtf is up with that, who wakes up at 6 am on a sunday?). Well, because of this throat related problem I wasn't able to get out of bed until 12.30.

I slowly moved myself out on the balcony, bikini on, and assumed that, since it's god's day n all, we would take it easy n I could get some more color (read sun burn).

Of course my dad had big things in mind for this lovely day, none of which included anything I wanted to do (be in the sun).


So we went to McDonalds, left before even gettin into the place since wallets were forgotten.
So we went to Burger King instead. (I like Burger King!)
Two Whopper Jrs later and off we were.
Where to!? How would I know!?
I thought that my dad had heard my prayers about seeing a bit more of the beautiful country Turkey (not that I know if it's beautiful or not since I haven't seen shit).
I belived this until he told me:

"This place is called ***, this is where all the furniture stores are."(Kim-Erik, 2010).
Do I care!?
Not really... BUT I had no option.

Apperantly we were hunting for the "perfect bbq table" (Kim-Erik, 2010).

Turks don't use bbq tables, hence there are none for sale.
We bought another table, or actually, it was 3 tables; Tripp, trapp, trull...

On our way back home I tried to give him some hints about my wishes of seeing the sea (go to the beach).
He took me to a lake 15min out of Ankara, Gölbaşı. There's a picture underneath (copyright of some stranger)
It was cute, a lot of people enjoying the sun while bbq'ing.
We sat down on a bench, watched the people in the rowing boats for about 5 min... some of us thought the sun was to warm.

We went home.

Back home I tried to continue gettin through the last Innovation management articles, I read 2½... the ½ meaning skimming through boring parts of one before telling myself I deserved a break.

During my break meat was prepared for the bbq, I couldn't just let my dad do everything by himself! So I set my own "issues" aside and helped him prepare; I set the table and opened the wine, I also took the pictures you can see.

To food was good, the wine was good and the weather was awesome. Still sunny, no wind. We sat there and watched the sunset.

Now I'm back in my room. Finally unpacked the bags from the visit to Swe and also did some laundry.

A highly productive day.

Enough about me.

I assume you all heard about the ash-cloud that covers most parts of Europe at the moment.

Finally today airports in northern Sweden could open, but according to some sources, another cloud will head over on Monday/Tuesday and they will have to close everything again.

I am very lucky that I came back last weekend (Yes, a bit is still about me, this is my blog after all).
Too bad Bettina wants to come back to Turkey, but all these ashes makes it quite difficult.

Will read up on this a bit more. I find it quite interesting. Mostly how the airlines will make it through or how passengers will get refunded, if they will at all.
About airlines, I read somewhere SAS (Scandinavian airlines) will fire around 2000 employees as a reaction to this.
I don't really understand. As I said, I wanna read up on this a bit.

Oh, n also. My dad said that Bulgaria closed their airports today.
Does that mean the ashes are coming this way?
Would that imply that, even thou airline trafficking would be safe in the northern parts of Europe by the end of the week, that the southern parts would have to close!?

Why I even care about this is because Bettina is supposed to come back soon.

To b read about.

Puss

No comments:

Post a Comment