Saturday, February 13, 2010

The land of consumption...


There are about 3 HUGE malls next to eachother here in Ankara;
Cepa
Kentpark
and another one I don't know the name of.
When I say huge I mean HUGE; 4 floors, around 50 stores, AT LEAST per floor...
and they're all new... and that's just there
Then there's Ankamall and a bunch of others.
Everytime we go we ask ourselves, how can they go with a profit!?
Turkey isn't the richest country in Europe and these malls are full of pretty expensive places...

I got the answer in my Macro class on tuesday;
When looking at Turkey's GDP they consume a lot more than other countries in their position, and don't really save.
Well well... obviously, I have to say!!

Anywho... we had a nice day.
Picked up my pants, bought a shirt and sunglasses and those things for the hair...
Nice nice!!!

We also went to an open market, lot's of fruits and vegetables, wish I would have brought my camera, but well...
I kinda miss that from France, Julien and I used to go on sunday's from time to time...

We just finished watching "Did you hear about the Morgan's" I like it a lot!!!

Off to dinner soon... don't know where we're goin tonight, that will b a surprise.
Had a really good lunch...Kebab, but not what you think, it looks like this:

*****

Back from dinner now, we went to Mezzaluna, it was pretty nice. I had some grilled chicken and salad and a Crème Brulée for desert, nice nice

Just finished watching the second movie of today; The 6 wives of Harry or something, it was ok... not super nice but watchable.

Oh and btw, yesterday I ordered a Blackberry... should b arriving at my moms sometime soon!! (0: Yayyyy..

PUSS

No comments:

Post a Comment